1967 - 2012
• In June of 1967, Dr. D. N. Parkerson, Sr. graduated from Palmer Chiropractic College in
Davenport, Iowa and returned to his hometown of Eastman, Georgia to begin his
• In September of 1967, Dr. Parkerson purchased the Barnes Chiropractic Clinic from Dr.
Dale Barnes and in October of 1967, the clinic was renamed Parkerson Chiropractic Life
• In 1973, Dr. Parkerson was sworn in as the Chairman of the Georgia Board of
Chiropractic Examiners by then Gov. Jimmy Carter.
• In 1974, Dr. Parkerson was a member of the original Board of Trustees that opened the
newly formed Life Chiropractic College in Marietta, Georgia.
• In October of 1975, Dr. Parkerson was elected President of the Georgia Chiropractic
• In the 1980's, Dr. Parkerson founded The All-American Chiropractic Team, which
lectured throughout the United States on chiropractic principles and practice
• On May 19, 1999, Dr. Parkerson retired from chiropractic practice and moved to Lake
• In 2001, Dr. Parkerson published his first book, 5 Easy Steps to Thirty Years of Volume
Practice, a chiropractic textbook on patient care and practice management.
• On October 24, 2012, Dr. Parkerson passed away in his home at Lake Oconee.
1949 - 2002
• Dr. J.K. Humber, Sr. graduated from Palmer Chiropractic College in 1949. Upon
graduation, he moved back to his home of Atlanta to begin his chiropractic practice.
• Dr. Humber opened his practice in 1951 at 1563 Bankhead Avenue in the Grove Park
area of Atlanta.
• Dr. Humber was instrumental in the early development of the Grostic/Orthospinology
procedures and visited with Dr. John F. Grostic, the founder of the Grostic technique.
• In 1963, Dr. Humber joined his brother, Dr. T.O. Humber at the West End Clinic, where
they practiced together for 10 years.
• In 1972, Dr. J.K. moved to Smyrna and opened the Humber Clinic on Cobb Parkway.
• In December of 1981, his son, Dr. James K. Humber, Jr. graduated from Life Chiropractic
College and joined the Humber Clinic.
• April of 1991, Dr. J. K. Humber Sr. retired from chiropractic practice.
• In October of 1994, The Humber Clinic moved locations from 2620 Cobb Parkway to the
current location at 2424 Herodian Way in Smyrna.
• On December 23, 1994, Dr. J.K. Humber, Sr. died. He had practiced upper cervical
chiropractic for over 40 years and was an outspoken supporter of our Orthospinology
• In April of 1996, Dr. Wayne Neal joined The Humber Clinic.
• In May of 1997, Dr. Don Parkerson, Jr. joined The Humber Clinic.
• On May 1, 2002, Dr. Parkerson purchased the Humber Clinic, naming the newly combined
clinic the Humber Parkerson Clinic.